Act 284 of 1972

450.1242 Changing registered office or resident agent; statement; changing address of registered office.

Sec. 242.

    (1) A domestic corporation or a foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this state may change its registered office or change its resident agent, or both, upon filing a statement. The statement may be executed by any of the individuals set forth in section 132 or by the secretary or assistant secretary of the corporation. The statement shall provide all of the following information:
    (a) The corporate name.
    (b) The street address of the corporation's then registered office, and its mailing address if different from its street address.
    (c) If the address of the corporation's registered office is changed, the street address and the mailing address, if different from the street address, to which the registered office is to be changed.
    (d) The name of the corporation's then resident agent.
    (e) If the corporation's resident agent is changed, the name of its successor resident agent.
    (f) That the address of the corporation's registered office and the address of its resident agent, as changed, will be identical.
    (g) That the change was authorized by resolution duly adopted by the corporation's board.
    (2) If a resident agent changes its business or residence address to another place within this state, the resident agent may change the address of the registered office of any domestic or foreign corporation of which the person is a resident agent by filing a statement as required in subsection (1), except, the statement need only be signed by the resident agent, need not be responsive to subsection (1)(e) or (g), and shall recite that a copy of the statement has been mailed to the corporation.

History: 1972, Act 284, Eff. Jan. 1, 1973 ;-- Am. 1978, Act 32, Imd. Eff. Feb. 24, 1978 ;-- Am. 1989, Act 121, Eff. Oct. 1, 1989

Rendered 7/19/2024 8:04 PM
Michigan Compiled Laws Complete Through PA 80 of 2024
Courtesy of