NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 451 of 1994
324.43528 Bear hunting license; exception; eligibility beginning March 1, 2014; fees; kill tag; application fee; bear participation license.
(1) An individual shall not hunt bear unless the individual possesses a bear hunting license. However, an individual who goes on a bear hunt with a licensed hunter is not required to possess a bear hunting license if the individual does not carry a firearm, bow, or crossbow and does not own dogs used to chase or locate bear during the hunt. Beginning March 1, 2014, only an individual holding a valid base license is eligible to purchase a bear hunting license, pursuant to current regulations.
(2) The fee for a resident bear hunting license is $15.00. The fee for a nonresident bear hunting license is $150.00. Beginning March 1, 2014, the fee for a bear hunting license is $25.00.
(3) The department may issue a kill tag with, or as a part of, a bear hunting license. The kill tag shall bear the license number. The kill tag may also include space for other pertinent information required by the department. The kill tag, if issued, is part of the license.
(4) In addition to the license fees in subsection (2), the department shall charge a nonrefundable application fee not to exceed $4.00 for each individual who applies for a bear hunting license. Beginning March 1, 2014, in addition to the license fees in subsection (2), the department shall charge a nonrefundable application fee not to exceed $5.00 for each individual who applies for a bear hunting license.
(5) Beginning March 1, 2014, the following individuals chasing or locating bear with dogs during the open season for that game and who hold a valid base license are eligible for the purchase of a bear participation license for a fee of $15.00:
(a) Any individual possessing a firearm, crossbow, or bow and arrow.
(b) The owner, when present, of any dog chasing or locating bear.
History: Add. 1995, Act 57, Imd. Eff. May 24, 1995
Am. 1996, Act 103, Imd. Eff. Mar. 5, 1996
Am. 1996, Act 585, Eff. Mar. 1, 1997
Am. 2008, Act 347, Imd. Eff. Dec. 23, 2008
Am. 2009, Act 70, Imd. Eff. July 9, 2009
Am. 2013, Act 108, Imd. Eff. Sept. 17, 2013
Popular Name: Act 451
Popular Name: NREPA
© 2020 Legislative Council, State of Michigan