REVISED JUDICATURE ACT OF 1961 (EXCERPT)
Act 236 of 1961
600.3801 Nuisance; injunction; abatement; guilt; "controlled substance" defined.
(1) A building, vehicle, boat, aircraft, or place is a nuisance if 1 or more of the following apply:
(a) It is used for the purpose of lewdness, assignation, prostitution, or gambling.
(b) It is used by, or kept for the use of, prostitutes or other disorderly persons.
(c) It is used for the unlawful manufacture, transporting, sale, keeping for sale, bartering, or furnishing of a controlled substance.
(d) It is used for the unlawful manufacture, transporting, sale, keeping for sale, bartering, or furnishing of vinous, malt, brewed, fermented, spirituous, or intoxicating liquors or mixed liquors or beverages, any part of which is intoxicating.
(e) It is used for conduct prohibited by section 49 of the Michigan penal code, 1931 PA 328, MCL 750.49.
(f) It is used for conduct prohibited by chapter LXVIIA of the Michigan penal code, 1931 PA 328, MCL 750.462a to 750.462h.
(g) It is used to facilitate armed violence in connection with the unlawful use of a firearm or other dangerous weapon.
(2) All furniture, fixtures, and contents of a building, vehicle, boat, aircraft, or place described in subsection (1) and all intoxicating liquors in the building, vehicle, boat, aircraft, or place are also declared a nuisance.
(3) All controlled substances and nuisances shall be enjoined and abated as provided in this act and the court rules.
(4) A person, or a servant, agent, or employee of the person, who owns, leases, conducts, or maintains a building, vehicle, or place described in subsection (1) is guilty of a nuisance.
(5) As used in this section, "controlled substance" means that term as defined in section 7104 of the public health code, 1978 PA 368, MCL 333.7104.
History: 1961, Act 236, Eff. Jan. 1, 1963
Am. 1988, Act 2, Eff. Apr. 1, 1988
Am. 2012, Act 352, Imd. Eff. Dec. 13, 2012
Am. 2014, Act 387, Eff. Mar. 18, 2015
© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan