MICHIGAN CAMPAIGN FINANCE ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 388 of 1976
169.202 Definitions; A, B.
(1) "Award" means a plaque, trophy, certificate, bust, ceremonial gavel, or memento.
(2) "Ballot question" means a question that is submitted or is intended to be submitted to a popular vote at an election whether or not it qualifies for the ballot.
(3) "Ballot question committee" means a committee acting in support of, or in opposition to, the qualification, passage, or defeat of a ballot question but that does not receive contributions or make expenditures or contributions for the purpose of influencing or attempting to influence the action of the voters for or against the nomination or election of a candidate.
(4) "Bundle" means for a bundling committee to deliver 1 or more contributions from individuals to the candidate committee of a candidate for statewide elective office, without the money becoming money of the bundling committee.
(5) "Bundling committee" means an independent committee or political committee that makes an expenditure to solicit or collect from individuals contributions that are to be part of a bundled contribution, which expenditure is required to be reported as an in-kind expenditure for a candidate for statewide elective office.
(6) "Business" means a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, sole proprietorship, firm, enterprise, franchise, association, organization, self-employed individual, holding company, joint stock company, receivership, trust, activity, or entity that is organized for profit or nonprofit purposes.
History: 1976, Act 388, Imd. Eff. Dec. 30, 1976
Am. 1994, Act 385, Eff. Jan. 1, 1995
Am. 2001, Act 250, Eff. Mar. 22, 2002