PUBLIC HEALTH CODE (EXCERPT)
Act 368 of 1978
333.7105 Additional definitions.
(1) "Deliver" or "delivery" means the actual, constructive, or attempted transfer from 1 person to another of a controlled substance, whether or not there is an agency relationship.
(2) "Disciplinary subcommittee" means the disciplinary subcommittee for the board of pharmacy appointed under section 16216.
(3) "Dispense" means to deliver or issue a controlled substance to an ultimate user or research subject by or pursuant to the lawful order of a practitioner, including the prescribing, administering, or compounding necessary to prepare the substance for the delivery or issuance.
(4) "Dispenser" means a practitioner who dispenses.
(5) "Distribute" means to deliver other than by administering or dispensing a controlled substance.
(6) "Distributor" means a person who distributes.
(7) "Drug" means a substance recognized as a drug in the official United States pharmacopoeia, official homeopathic pharmacopoeia of the United States, or official national formulary, or any supplement to any of them; a substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in human beings or animals; a substance other than food intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of human beings or animals; or, a substance intended for use as a component of any article specified in this subsection. It does not include a device or its components, parts, or accessories.
(8) "Human consumption" means application, injection, inhalation, or ingestion by a human being.
History: 1978, Act 368, Eff. Sept. 30, 1978
Am. 1988, Act 60, Eff. Aug. 1, 1989
Am. 1993, Act 80, Eff. Apr. 1, 1994
Popular Name: Act 368
© 2020 Legislative Council, State of Michigan