LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 268 of 1986
***** 4.1205 THIS SECTION IS REPEALED BY ACT 241 OF 2013 EFFECTIVE MARCH 14, 2014 *****
4.1205 Legislative parking facilities; establishment, maintenance, and operation; collection and disposition of parking fees; creation and administration of legislative council parking fund; expenditures; utilization of fund; rules.
(1) The council shall establish, maintain, and operate legislative parking facilities in the capitol area.
(2) The council may establish and collect a fee from state employees, state officials, and the general public using legislative parking facilities.
(3) Parking fees collected by the council pursuant to subsection (2) shall be deposited with the state treasurer and credited to the legislative council parking fund created in subsection (4).
(4) The legislative council parking fund may be created in the state treasury by the council pursuant to section 206 and shall be administered by the council. The fund shall be expended only as provided in this section.
(5) The council shall utilize the legislative council parking fund to pay the costs of operating and maintaining legislative parking facilities in the capitol area.
(6) The council shall establish rules to implement this section. The rules may provide for the assessment of penalties and fines, for the removal of vehicles, and for a grievance process.
History: 1986, Act 268, Imd. Eff. Dec. 19, 1986
© 2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan