MICHIGAN ZONING ENABLING ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 110 of 2006
125.3501 Submission and approval of site plan; procedures and requirements.
(1) The local unit of government may require the submission and approval of a site plan before authorization of a land use or activity regulated by a zoning ordinance. The zoning ordinance shall specify the body or official responsible for reviewing site plans and granting approval.
(2) If a zoning ordinance requires site plan approval, the site plan, as approved, shall become part of the record of approval, and subsequent actions relating to the activity authorized shall be consistent with the approved site plan, unless a change conforming to the zoning ordinance is agreed to by the landowner and the body or official that initially approved the site plan.
(3) The procedures and requirements for the submission and approval of site plans shall be specified in the zoning ordinance. Site plan submission, review, and approval shall be required for special land uses and planned unit developments.
(4) A decision rejecting, approving, or conditionally approving a site plan shall be based upon requirements and standards contained in the zoning ordinance, other statutorily authorized and properly adopted local unit of government planning documents, other applicable ordinances, and state and federal statutes.
(5) A site plan shall be approved if it contains the information required by the zoning ordinance and is in compliance with the conditions imposed under the zoning ordinance, other statutorily authorized and properly adopted local unit of government planning documents, other applicable ordinances, and state and federal statutes.
History: 2006, Act 110, Eff. July 1, 2006
Am. 2008, Act 12, Imd. Eff. Feb. 29, 2008
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan