MUNICIPAL HEALTH FACILITIES CORPORATIONS ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 230 of 1987
331.1207 Articles of incorporation; execution; delivery; filing; publication; certificate; effective date of incorporation; validity of incorporation conclusively presumed; section inapplicable to articles of incorporation of restructured corporation or subsidiary.
(1) The articles of incorporation of a corporation incorporated by a county shall be executed in duplicate by the chairperson of the county board of commissioners or other commissioner designated by the county board of commissioners. The articles of incorporation of a subsidiary corporation of a corporation incorporated by a county shall be executed in duplicate by the chairperson of the board of trustees of the parent corporation, or other trustee designated by the board of trustees. The articles of incorporation shall then be delivered to the county clerk who shall file 1 copy in his or her office and the other with the secretary of the corporation or subsidiary corporation when a secretary is selected. The county clerk shall cause a copy of the articles of incorporation to be published once in a newspaper designated in the articles of incorporation and circulating within the county accompanied by a statement that the right exists to question the validity of the incorporation in court as provided in this section.
(2) The county clerk shall file 1 printed copy of articles of incorporation delivered to him or her under subsection (1) with the secretary of state and 1 printed copy in his or her office. The county clerk shall attach to each of the printed copies his or her certificate setting forth that the copy is a true and complete copy of the original articles of incorporation on file in his or her office.
(3) The incorporation of a corporation or a subsidiary corporation described in this section is effective at the time provided in the articles of incorporation.
(4) The validity of the incorporation of a corporation or a subsidiary corporation described in this section is conclusively presumed unless questioned in a court of competent jurisdiction within 60 days after the certified copy of the articles of incorporation of that corporation or subsidiary corporation is filed with the secretary of state under subsection (2).
(5) This section does not apply to articles of incorporation of a restructured corporation or restructured subsidiary corporation described in section 305a.
History: 1987, Act 230, Eff. Feb. 27, 1988
Am. 2010, Act 331, Imd. Eff. Dec. 21, 2010
© 2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan