REVISED JUDICATURE ACT OF 1961 (EXCERPT)
Act 236 of 1961
600.735 Partnership association or unincorporated voluntary association; limited personal jurisdiction.
The existence of any of the following relationships between a partnership association or unincorporated voluntary association or an agent thereof and the state shall constitute a sufficient basis of jurisdiction to enable the courts of record of this state to exercise limited personal jurisdiction over such partnership association or unincorporated voluntary association and to enable such courts to render personal judgments against such partnership association or unincorporated voluntary association arising out of the act or acts which create any of the following relationships:
(1) The transaction of any business within the state.
(2) The doing or causing any act to be done, or consequences to occur, in the state resulting in an action for tort.
(3) The ownership, use or possession of any real or tangible personal property situated within the state.
(4) Contracting to insure any person, property, or risk located within this state at the time of contracting.
(5) Entering into a contract for services to be rendered or for materials to be furnished in the state by the defendant.
History: 1961, Act 236, Eff. Jan. 1, 1963
© 2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan