NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 451 of 1994
324.72109 Pure Michigan Trails fund.
(1) The Pure Michigan Trails fund is created within the state treasury.
(2) Except as otherwise provided by law, the state treasurer may receive money or other assets from any of the following for deposit into the fund:
(a) Payments to the state for easements, use permits, leases, or other use of state owned Pure Michigan Trail property.
(b) Payments to the state for concessions operated by private vendors on state owned property located on or adjacent to a Pure Michigan Trail.
(c) Federal funds.
(d) Gifts or bequests.
(e) State appropriations.
(f) Money or assets from other sources as provided by law.
(3) The state treasurer shall direct the investment of the fund. The state treasurer shall credit to the fund interest and earnings from fund investments.
(4) Money in the fund at the close of the fiscal year shall remain in the fund and shall not lapse to the general fund.
(5) Money in the fund may be expended for any of the following purposes:
(a) The expenses of the department in operating and maintaining the Pure Michigan Trail system and enforcing Pure Michigan Trail rules and regulations.
(b) Grants to or contracts with councils, nonprofit organizations, private sector entities, or governmental agencies to operate and maintain segments of Pure Michigan Trails and to enforce Pure Michigan Trail rules and regulations.
(c) Funding Pure Michigan Trail construction and improvements.
(d) Acquisition of land or rights in land.
(e) Publications and promotions of the Pure Michigan Trails system.
(6) The department shall submit a report to the legislature on or before December 1 of each year describing the use of money appropriated from the fund in the previous fiscal year.
History: Add. 1995, Act 58, Imd. Eff. May 24, 1995
Am. 2014, Act 214, Eff. Sept. 25, 2014
Popular Name: Act 451
Popular Name: NREPA
© 2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan