SAFE DRINKING WATER ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 399 of 1976
325.1011b Noncommunity supply provider; annual fees; schedule; adjustment; fee on 5 or more noncommunity supplies under same ownership on contiguous properties; payment; penalty on delinquent fees; exemption from annual fee in subsection (1); services provided by department not required.
(1) The department shall impose an annual fee on each noncommunity supply provider in accordance with the following fee schedule:
| Type of Noncommunity Supply
|| Annual Fee
| Nontransient noncommunity supply
|| $ 360.00
| Transient noncommunity supply
|| $ 85.00
(2) The annual fee in this section shall be adjusted on October 1 each year following the effective date of this section by applying the percentage adjustment using the Detroit consumer price index.
(3) For 5 or more noncommunity supplies under the same ownership on contiguous properties, the annual fee per noncommunity supply is 75% of the fee identified in subsection (1).
(4) A noncommunity supply provider shall pay the annual fee by November 30 each year. After November 30 of each year that a fee is not paid, the department of treasury shall collect from the nonpaying noncommunity supply provider a penalty of $25.00 for each month or portion of a month.
(5) A noncommunity supply provider that has completed construction of a new well or replacement well in compliance with a construction permit issued by a local health department is exempt from paying the first annual fee described in subsection (1) after final approval of the well is received.
(6) The department is not required to perform sanitary surveys or other services to maintain compliance with this act on behalf of a noncommunity supply provider who has not paid the current annual fee or appropriate penalties.
History: Add. 1993, Act 165, Imd. Eff. Sept. 16, 1993
© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan