MICHIGAN CAMPAIGN FINANCE ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 388 of 1976
169.207 Definitions; F to H.
(1) “Filed” means the receipt by the appropriate filing official of a statement or report required to be filed under this act.
(2) “Filer” means a person required to file a statement or report under this act.
(3) “Filing official” means the official designated under this act to receive required statements and reports.
(4) “Fund raising event” means an event such as a dinner, reception, testimonial, rally, auction, or similar affair through which contributions are solicited or received by purchase of a ticket, payment of an attendance fee, making a donation, or purchase of goods or services.
(5) “Gift” means a payment, subscription, advance, forbearance, rendering, or deposit of money, services, or anything of value, unless consideration of equal or greater value is given in exchange.
(6) “Honorarium” means a payment of money to a person holding elective office as consideration for an appearance, a speech, an article, or any activity related to or associated with the performance of duties as an elected official. An honorarium does not include any of the following:
(a) Reimbursement for the cost of transportation, accommodations, or meals for the person.
(b) Wages, salaries, other employee compensation, and expenses authorized to be paid by this state or a political subdivision of this state to the person holding elective office.
(c) An award.
History: 1976, Act 388, Imd. Eff. Dec. 30, 1976
Am. 1994, Act 385, Eff. Jan. 1, 1995
Am. 2001, Act 250, Eff. Mar. 22, 2002
© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan