STATE TRANSPORTATION PRESERVATION ACT OF 1976 (EXCERPT)
Act 295 of 1976
474.67a Soo Locks fund.
(1) The Soo locks fund is created as a separate restricted account within the comprehensive transportation fund and shall be administered by the department for the purposes of fulfilling the state's portion of the nonfederal cost share for construction of a new marine lock facility at Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, as authorized under section 17(1).
(2) The following funds may be deposited into the Soo locks fund:
(a) Comprehensive transportation fund revenues or comprehensive transportation fund bond proceeds.
(b) Other revenues that are appropriated for the purpose of subsection (1).
(3) For each fiscal year, beginning with the fiscal year ending September 30, 2001 and ending with the fiscal year ending September 30, 2050, there is appropriated from the fund an amount necessary to fulfill the terms and conditions of the state's agreement with the Great Lakes commission, acting in its capacity as the principal fiduciary agent for the nonfederal cost share, for the construction of a new marine lock facility at Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan.
(4) Principal and interest earnings in the fund shall not lapse and shall remain in the fund at the close of the fiscal year and shall carry forward for use for the purposes described in subsection (1), except for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2007 when $5,270,000.00 shall lapse to the comprehensive transportation fund.
(5) The state treasurer shall direct the investment of the fund. The state treasurer shall credit to the fund interest and earnings from fund investments.
(6) Any unexpended balances remaining in the fund upon fulfillment of the state's obligation as described in this section shall lapse to the funds from which originally appropriated.
History: Add. 2001, Act 126, Imd. Eff. Oct. 15, 2001
Am. 2007, Act 68, Imd. Eff. Sept. 28, 2007
© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan