CONSTRUCTION LIEN ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 497 of 1980
570.1106 Additional definitions.
(1) "Person" means an individual, corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, association, other legal entity, or any combination thereof.
(2) "Project" means the aggregate of improvements contracted for by the contracting owner.
(3) "Residential structure" means an individual residential condominium unit or a residential building containing not more than 2 residential units, the land on which it is or will be located, and all appurtenances, in which the owner or lessee contracting for the improvement is residing or will reside upon completion of the improvement.
(4) "Subcontractor" means a person, other than a laborer or supplier, who pursuant to a contract between himself or herself and a person other than the owner or lessee performs any part of a contractor's contract for an improvement.
(5) "Supplier" means a person who, pursuant to a contract with a contractor or a subcontractor, leases, rents, or in any other manner provides material or equipment that is used in the improvement of real property.
(6) "Wages" means all earnings of an employee, whether determined on the basis of time, task, piece, commission, or other method of calculation, for labor or services, except fringe benefits and withholdings.
History: 1980, Act 497, Eff. Jan. 1, 1982
Am. 1981, Act 191, Eff. Jan. 1, 1982
Am. 1982, Act 17, Eff. Mar. 1, 1982
Am. 2006, Act 497, Eff. Jan. 3, 2007
Am. 2010, Act 147, Imd. Eff. Aug. 23, 2010
© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan