NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 451 of 1994
324.43537 Restricted or senior all-species fishing license; eligibility of legally blind; disabled veteran; resident license for which lottery not required; proof of eligibility; processing licenses; appropriations; "disabled veteran" defined.
(1) A resident who is declared legally blind is eligible to purchase a senior restricted or senior all-species fishing license.
(2) A disabled veteran is eligible to obtain any resident license under this part for which a lottery is not required free of charge.
(3) The department may demand proof of eligibility under subsection (1), (2), or (4). The licensee, when taking aquatic species or hunting, shall possess proof of his or her eligibility under subsection (1), (2), or (4), as applicable, and shall furnish the proof upon the request of a peace officer.
(4) The department shall process licenses issued under this section in the same manner as licenses issued to senior citizens for purposes of receiving appropriations from the legislature under section 43546.
(5) As used in this section, "disabled veteran" means either of the following:
(a) A resident who has been determined by the United States department of veterans affairs to be permanently and totally disabled as a result of military service and entitled to veterans' benefits at the 100% rate, for a disability other than blindness.
(b) A resident rated by the United States department of veterans affairs as individually unemployable.
History: Add. 1995, Act 57, Imd. Eff. May 24, 1995
Am. 1996, Act 585, Eff. Mar. 1, 1997
Am. 2007, Act 60, Imd. Eff. Sept. 18, 2007
Am. 2012, Act 339, Eff. Mar. 1, 2013
Popular Name: Act 451
Popular Name: NREPA
© 2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan