WORKER'S DISABILITY COMPENSATION ACT OF 1969 (EXCERPT)
Act 317 of 1969
418.274 Michigan compensation appellate commission; power and authority of commission; rules on administrative appellate procedures; assignment and reassignment of matters; decisions; review and decision by entire commission; writing and publication of opinions; office space.
(1) The Michigan compensation appellate commission created in Executive Reorganization Order No. 2011-6, MCL 445.2032, and housed within the Michigan administrative hearing system, may handle, process, and decide appeals from orders of the director and hearing referees and the orders and opinions of the worker's compensation magistrates as provided for under this act. The commission may promulgate rules on administrative appellate procedure for purposes under this act.
(2) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (3), matters that are to be reviewed by the commission shall be randomly assigned to a panel of 3 members of the commission for disposition. The chairperson of the commission may reassign a matter in order to ensure timely review and decision of that matter. The decision reached by a majority of the assigned 3 members of a panel shall be the final decision of the commission.
(3) Any matter that is to be reviewed by the commission that may establish a precedent with regard to worker's compensation in this state as determined by the chairperson, or any matter that 2 or more members of the commission request be reviewed by the entire commission, shall be reviewed and decided by the entire commission.
(4) Opinions of the commission shall be in writing. The commission shall provide for the publication of those opinions.
(5) The department of licensing and regulatory affairs shall provide suitable office space for the commission and employees of the commission.
History: Add. 1985, Act 103, Imd. Eff. July 30, 1985
Am. 1994, Act 271, Imd. Eff. July 11, 1994
Am. 2011, Act 266, Imd. Eff. Dec. 19, 2011
Compiler's Notes: For legislative intent as to severability, see Compiler's note to MCL 418.213.For abolishment of the qualifications advisory committee and establishment of the new qualifications advisory committee within the worker's compensation agency, see E.R.O. No. 2003-1, compiled at MCL 445.2011.Enacting section 2 of Act 266 of 2011 provides:"Enacting section 2. This amendatory act applies to injuries incurred on or after its effective date."
Popular Name: Act 317
© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan