REVOCATION OF PATERNITY ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 159 of 2012
***** 722.1433 THIS SECTION IS AMENDED EFFECTIVE MARCH 17, 2015: See 722.1433.amended *****
(1) "Acknowledged father" means a man who has affirmatively held himself out to be the child's father by executing an acknowledgment of parentage under the acknowledgment of parentage act, 1996 PA 305, MCL 722.1001 to 722.1013.
(2) "Affiliated father" means a man who has been determined in a court to be the child's father.
(3) "Alleged father" means a man who by his actions could have fathered the child.
(4) "Presumed father" means a man who is presumed to be the child's father by virtue of his marriage to the child's mother at the time of the child's conception or birth.
(5) "Order of filiation" means a judicial order establishing an affiliated father.
(6) "Title IV-D case" means an action in which services are provided under part D of title IV of the social security act, 42 USC 651 to 669b.
History: 2012, Act 159, Imd. Eff. June 12, 2012
© 2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan