NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 451 of 1994
324.43540e Wolf management advisory council.
(1) The wolf management advisory council is created within the department.
(2) The council shall consist of at least the following members:
(a) The director of the department or his or her designee.
(b) One member representing an organization that promotes conservation in this state appointed by the director or his or her designee.
(c) One member representing organizations that promote hunting or fishing in this state appointed by the director or his or her designee.
(d) One member representing a tribal government appointed by the director or his or her designee.
(e) One member representing agricultural interests appointed by the director or his or her designee.
(f) One member representing an animal advocacy organization appointed by the director or his or her designee.
(3) The council shall meet at least annually.
(4) A majority of the members of the council constitute a quorum for the transaction of business at a meeting of the council. A majority of the members present and serving are required for official action of the council.
(5) The business that the council may perform shall be conducted at a public meeting of the council held in compliance with the open meetings act, 1976 PA 267, MCL 15.261 to 15.275.
(6) A writing prepared, owned, used, in the possession of, or retained by the council in the performance of an official function is subject to the freedom of information act, 1976 PA 442, MCL 15.231 to 15.246.
(7) Members of the council shall serve without compensation. However, members of the council may be reimbursed for their actual and necessary expenses incurred in the performance of their official duties as members of the council.
(8) The council shall annually submit to the commission and to the legislature a report that makes nonbinding recommendations as to the proper management of wolves in this state.
History: Add. 2012, Act 520, Imd. Eff. Dec. 28, 2012
Popular Name: Act 451
Popular Name: NREPA
© 2020 Legislative Council, State of Michigan