ELECTRONIC OPEN ACCESS TO GOVERNMENT ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 370 of 2016
15.451 Short title; information to be included on state website.
(1) This act shall be known and may be cited as the "electronic open access to government act".
(2) By January 1, 2018, the department of technology, management, and budget shall include links on this state's website to function and contact information for each executive branch department and each major division or subunit within the department. The information shall be accessible to the public at no cost. Each page created or maintained under this section shall meet all of the following criteria:
(a) Provide for uniformity and standardization of information across departments.
(b) Use methods that are intuitive for searching, navigating, and accessing information.
(c) Be designed to serve the purpose of facilitating public access to government services.
(3) The information required under this act includes all of the following for each department:
(a) A description of the primary functions of the department and the telephone number and electronic mail address for the public to contact the department.
(b) A description of the primary functions of each major division or subunit of the department and the telephone number and electronic mail address for the public to contact the division or subunit.
(c) A graphical organization chart that includes the major divisions or subunits of the department and the name, position title, classified or nonclassified civil service distinction, and contact information for the supervisor of each major division or subunit. The chart must indicate the reporting relationship of the supervisors.
(4) Each department shall cooperate with the department of technology, management, and budget in collecting and posting the information required under this act. The department of technology, management, and budget shall develop guidelines for the format and display of the charts and other information to ensure the greatest possible standardization. The department of technology, management, and budget shall provide technical services and assistance to the departments, as necessary, to create websites, coordinate links, and maintain electronic connections necessary to implement this act.
(5) Each department shall provide quarterly updates to the information required under this act.
History: 2016, Act 370, Eff. Mar. 29, 2017