PUBLIC EMPLOYEE RETIREMENT HEALTH CARE FUNDING ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 77 of 2010
38.2741 Written plan document; terms and conditions of payments of retirement health care benefits and reimbursements of medical expenses.
(1) The trustees shall establish a separately written plan document that governs the terms and conditions of payments of retirement health care benefits and reimbursements of medical expenses consistent with the applicable retirement act.
(2) If the governing board of a retirement system has made a deposit described in section 3(7), the trust shall use the funds in the funding account to satisfy the requirements of the retirement system for all retirement health care benefits provided by the retirement system consistent with this act and the plan document established under this section.
(3) Any funds in the funding account may be counted toward and used in the calculation of the annual required contribution as used by the governmental accounting standards board and for purposes of the annual financial statements prepared pursuant to section 3(8).
(4) Reimbursement of medical expenses from a health reimbursement account shall be in a manner that complies with all applicable statutory provisions, regulatory provisions, and internal revenue service rulings governing health reimbursement arrangements, including, but not limited to, section 105(b) of the internal revenue code, 26 USC 105, internal revenue notice 2002-45 and internal revenue rulings 2005-24 and 2006-36.
(5) Following termination of employment, the trust for the applicable retirement system shall reimburse medical expenses, as appropriate, from the past member's health reimbursement account at least quarterly, until the past member's health reimbursement account is exhausted.
History: 2010, Act 77, Imd. Eff. May 19, 2010
Am. 2011, Act 265, Imd. Eff. Dec. 15, 2011
© 2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan