MICHIGAN LIQUOR CONTROL CODE OF 1998 (EXCERPT)
Act 58 of 1998
436.2303 Prior acts or rights; rules; predecessor commission; editorial changes; references to act.
(1) This act does not impair or affect any act done, offense committed or right accruing, accrued or acquired, or penalty, forfeiture or punishment incurred prior to the time this act takes effect, but the same may be enjoyed, asserted, enforced, prosecuted or inflicted, as fully and to the same extent as if this act had not been passed.
(2) When the commission is directed or authorized to promulgate rules by this act and rules exist on the date the requirement to promulgate rules takes effect, which rules the commission believes adequately cover the matter, the commission may determine that new rules are not required or may delay the promulgation of new rules until the commission considers it advisable. Those rules promulgated under former act 1933 (Ex Sess) PA 8 and in effect on the effective date of this act shall remain in effect until rescinded or otherwise changed according to law, as provided for in section 31 of the administrative procedures act of 1969, 1969 PA 306, MCL 24.231.
(3) In the case of the commission created pursuant to this act which was preceded by a commission with the same or similar name and functions, members of the predecessor commission shall continue in office for the duration of the terms of office for which they were appointed and with the new members appointed shall constitute the new commission. Members shall be appointed under this act only as terms of the former members expire or vacancies occur. Members of the predecessor commission may be appointed to the new commission to succeed themselves subject to the limits for any total period of service that may be set forth in this act.
(4) It is the intention of the legislature that editorial changes in the language of the statutes recodified in this act not be construed as changes to the meanings of those statutes.
(5) A reference in any other law to the Michigan liquor control act, 1933 (Ex Sess) PA 8, being MCL 436.1 to 436.58, is considered to be a reference to this act.
(6) A reference to a provision in former 1933 (Ex Sess) PA 8 is considered to be a reference to the successor provision in this act. A reference in any application, document, authorization, order, license, or other document issued or provided by the commission or its authorized agent to former 1933 (Ex Sess) PA 8 is considered to be a reference to this act.
History: 1998, Act 58, Imd. Eff. Apr. 14, 1998
© 2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan