NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 451 of 1994
324.6521 Fleet testing station; permit; requirements.
(1) A fleet owner or lessee shall not perform inspections under this part or the rules promulgated under this part except as authorized under a permit to operate a fleet testing station issued by the department pursuant to part 13.
(2) A person shall not receive a permit to operate a fleet testing station unless the person has an established location where inspections are to be performed, where records required by this part and the rules promulgated under this part are to be maintained, that is equipped with an instrument or instruments of a type that comply with this part or the rules promulgated under this part, and that is capable of performing inspections of motor vehicles under this part and the rules promulgated under this part.
(3) A person with a permit to operate a fleet testing station shall perform inspections under this part and the rules promulgated under this part only at the established location for which the person has the permit. A person shall inform the department immediately of a change in the address of the established location for which the person has a permit to operate a fleet testing station.
(4) A fleet testing station shall not cause or permit an inspection of a motor vehicle to be performed by a person other than an emission inspector using an instrument of a type that complies with the rules promulgated under this part.
(5) An application for a fleet testing station shall include a description of the operation to be licensed. The description shall include, in addition to other information required by this part and the rules promulgated under this part, all of the following:
(a) The name of the business and the address of the location for which a fleet testing station permit is being sought.
(b) The name and address of each owner of the business in the case of a sole proprietorship or a partnership and, in the case of a corporation, the name and address of each officer and director and of each owner of 25% or more of the corporation.
(c) The name of and identification number issued by the department for each emission inspector employed by the applicant.
(d) A description, including the model and serial number of each instrument to be used by the applicant to perform inspections or reinspections under this part and the rules promulgated under this part, and the date the equipment was purchased by the applicant.
(e) A description of the fleet to be inspected, including the number and types of motor vehicles.
(f) A statement signed by the applicant certifying that the applicant maintains and repairs, on a regular basis, the fleet vehicles owned by the applicant.
(6) A fleet testing station permit shall take effect on the date it is approved by the department and shall expire 1 year from that date. A fleet testing station permit shall be renewed automatically, unless the fleet testing station informs the department not to renew it or unless the department has revoked the permit.
(7) A person shall obtain a separate permit for each location at which fleet inspections are performed.
(8) By the fifteenth day of each month, each fleet testing station shall remit $1.00 for each vehicle inspected during the preceding month to the department of treasury for deposit in the motor vehicle emissions testing program fund.
History: Add. 1995, Act 60, Imd. Eff. May 24, 1995
Am. 2004, Act 325, Imd. Eff. Sept. 10, 2004
Popular Name: Act 451
Popular Name: NREPA
© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan