NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 451 of 1994
324.19102 Definitions; A to N.
(1) “Approved solid waste management plan” means a solid waste management plan submitted and approved under part 115.
(2) “Capital costs” means those allowable costs, as determined by the department, of constructing or equipping, or both, a solid waste transfer facility, a recycling project, or a composting project.
(3) “Composting project” means a project in which yard wastes, including leaves and grass clippings, are converted into humus through natural biological processes.
(4) “Disposal area” means disposal area as defined in part 115.
(5) “Fund” means the clean Michigan fund created in section 19104.
(6) “Municipality” means a county, city, village, township, or an agency of a county, city, village, or township; an authority or any other public body created by or pursuant to state law; or this state or an agency or department of this state.
(7) “Nonprofit private entity” means a private entity that carries out any lawful purpose or purposes not involving pecuniary profit or gain for its directors, officers, shareholders, or members.
History: 1994, Act 451, Eff. Mar. 30, 1995
Compiler's Notes: For transfer of authority, powers, duties, functions, and responsibilities of the Waste Management Division to the Director of the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, see E.R.O. No. 1995-16, compiled at MCL 324.99901 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.
Popular Name: Act 451
Popular Name: NREPA
© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan