NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 451 of 1994
324.8310 Restricted use pesticide dealer's license; examination; operation of business located outside of state; sales records; summary form of information; sale or distribution of restricted use pesticide; denial, suspension, or revocation of license; maintenance and submission of certain records; confidentiality of information; report.
(1) A person shall not engage in distributing, selling, or offering for sale restricted use pesticides to the ultimate user except as authorized under an annual license for each place of business issued by the department pursuant to part 13.
(2) The applicant for a license under subsection (1) shall be the person in charge of each business location. The applicant shall demonstrate by written examination his or her knowledge of laws and rules governing the use and sale of restricted use pesticides.
(3) A person licensed under subsection (1) that operates from a business location outside this state shall do either of the following:
(a) Continuously maintain in this state a registered office and a resident agent, which agent may be an individual resident in this state whose business office or residence is identical with the registered office, a domestic corporation or limited liability company, or a foreign corporation or limited liability company authorized to transact business in this state and having a business office identical with the registered office. The person licensed under subsection (1) shall file with the department the name, address, and telephone number of the resident agent and shall maintain and make available records required by this part and part 87.
(b) Maintain and make available to the department records required by this part and part 87 and pay all costs incurred by the department in auditing the records if they are held at an out-of-state location.
(4) A restricted use pesticide dealer shall forward to the director a record of all sales of restricted use pesticides on forms provided by the director as required by rule. A restricted use pesticide dealer shall keep copies of the records on file for 2 years. These records are subject to inspection by an authorized agent of the director. The records shall, upon request, be supplied in summary form to other state agencies. The summary shall include the name and address of the restricted use pesticide dealer, the name and address of the purchaser, the name of the pesticide sold, and, in an emergency, the quantity sold. Information may not be made available to the public if, in the discretion of the director, release of that information could have a significant adverse effect on the competitive position of the dealer, distributor, or manufacturer.
(5) A restricted use pesticide dealer shall sell or distribute restricted use pesticides for use only by applicators certified under this part.
(6) The director may deny, suspend, or revoke a restricted use pesticide dealer's license for any violation of this part or an order issued under this part, or upon conviction under this part, FIFRA, or a state pesticide law of a reciprocating state committed by the dealer or the dealer's officer, agent, or employee. The director shall inform an applicant who is denied a restricted use pesticide dealer's license of the reasons why the license was denied.
(7) A restricted use pesticide dealer shall maintain and submit to the department records of all restricted use pesticide sales to private applicators and the intended county of application for those pesticides.
(8) Information collected in subsection (7) is confidential business information and is not subject to the freedom of information act, 1976 PA 442, MCL 15.231 to 15.246.
(9) A restricted use pesticide dealer that distributes an agricultural pesticide into this state shall report to the agricultural pesticide registrant all of the following information concerning that distribution:
(a) The product name.
(b) The EPA registration number.
(c) The amount of pesticide sold or distributed.
(d) The wholesale value of pesticide sold or distributed.
(e) The date of sale or distribution.
(f) The sales or distribution invoice number.
(g) The name and address of the consignee.
History: 1994, Act 451, Eff. Mar. 30, 1995
Am. 2002, Act 418, Imd. Eff. June 5, 2002
Am. 2004, Act 325, Imd. Eff. Sept. 10, 2004
Am. 2008, Act 18, Imd. Eff. Feb. 29, 2008
Am. 2015, Act 118, Eff. Oct. 1, 2015
Popular Name: Act 451
Popular Name: NREPA
© 2020 Legislative Council, State of Michigan