MICHIGAN VEHICLE CODE (EXCERPT)
Act 300 of 1949
257.660d Parking bicycle on sidewalk, highway, or street.
(1) An individual may park a bicycle on a sidewalk except as prohibited by an official traffic control device.
(2) An individual shall not park a bicycle on a sidewalk in such a manner that the bicycle impedes the lawful movement of pedestrians or other traffic.
(3) An individual may park a bicycle on a highway or street at any location where parking is allowed for motor vehicles, may park at any angle to the curb or the edge of the highway, and may park abreast of another bicycle.
(4) An individual shall not park a bicycle on a highway or street in such a manner as to obstruct the movement of a legally parked motor vehicle.
(5) Except as otherwise provided in this section, an individual parking a bicycle on a highway or street shall do so in compliance with this act and any local ordinance.
History: Add. 2006, Act 339, Imd. Eff. Aug. 15, 2006
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan