PATIENT'S RIGHT TO INDEPENDENT REVIEW ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 251 of 2000
550.1917 Approved independent review organizations; application; form; fee; expiration; termination; updated list.
(1) The director shall approve independent review organizations eligible to be assigned to conduct external reviews under this act to ensure that an independent review organization satisfies the minimum standards established under section 19.
(2) The director shall develop an application form for initially approving and for reapproving independent review organizations to conduct external reviews.
(3) Any independent review organization wishing to be approved to conduct external reviews under this act shall submit the application form developed under subsection (2) and include with the form all documentation and information necessary for the director to determine if the independent review organization satisfies the minimum qualifications established under section 19. The director may charge an application fee that independent review organizations shall submit to the director with an application for approval or reapproval.
(4) An approval under this section is effective for 2 years, unless the director determines before expiration of the approval that the independent review organization is not satisfying the minimum standards established under section 19. If the director determines that an independent review organization no longer satisfies the minimum standards established under section 19, the director shall terminate the approval of the independent review organization and remove the independent review organization from the list of independent review organizations approved to conduct external reviews under this act that is maintained by the director under subsection (5).
(5) The director shall maintain and periodically update a list of approved independent review organizations.
History: 2000, Act 251, Eff. Oct. 1, 2000
Am. 2016, Act 274, Eff. Sept. 29, 2016
© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan