NONPROFIT CORPORATION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 162 of 1982
450.2108 Definitions; M to P.
(1) “Member” means a person having a membership in a corporation in accordance with the provisions of its articles of incorporation or bylaws.
(2) “Nondirector volunteer” means an individual, other than a volunteer director, performing services for a nonprofit corporation who does not receive compensation or any other type of consideration for the services other than reimbursement for expenses actually incurred.
(3) “Nonprofit corporation” means a corporation incorporated to carry out any lawful purpose or purposes not involving pecuniary profit or gain for its directors, officers, shareholders, or members.
(4) “Person” means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, or any other legal entity.
(5) “Predecessor act” means an act or part of an act repealed by this act, or an act or part of an act repealed by an act that this act repeals.
History: 1982, Act 162, Eff. Jan. 1, 1983
Am. 1987, Act 170, Eff. Jan. 1, 1988
Am. 1990, Act 39, Imd. Eff. Mar. 29, 1990
Am. 1993, Act 129, Imd. Eff. July 22, 1993
© 2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan