OCCUPATIONAL CODE (EXCERPT)
Act 299 of 1980
***** 339.2005 THIS SECTION IS REPEALED BY ACT 435 OF 2016 EFFECTIVE APRIL 4, 2017 *****
339.2005 Architect, professional engineer, and professional surveyor; examination; requirements; frequency and results of examination; individual with mental or physical disability; completion of requirements for licensure.
(1) To be examined as an architect, an applicant shall provide evidence of completion of a first professional degree or further degree in architecture satisfactory to the board of architects.
(2) In order to be examined as a professional engineer, an individual shall meet all of the following requirements for admission to the professional practice examination:
(a) Provide documentation of not less than 8 years of professional experience in engineering work acceptable to the board of professional engineers, including not more than 6 years of education.
(b) Provide evidence of completion of a baccalaureate degree in engineering from an accredited program or its equivalent, as determined by the board of professional engineers.
(c) Provide not less than 5 references, 3 of which shall be from professional engineers who have personal knowledge of the applicant's professional experience.
(3) In order to be examined as a professional surveyor, an individual shall meet all of the following requirements:
(a) For admission to the professional surveying fundamentals examination, an applicant shall provide an affidavit stating that a degree acceptable to the board shall be completed not later than 6 months after the date of the examination.
(b) For admission to the professional practice examination, an applicant shall provide all of the following:
(i) Documentation of not less than 8 years of professional experience in professional surveying satisfactory to the board of professional surveyors, including not more than 5 years of education.
(ii) Evidence of completion of a degree in professional surveying or a related degree with professional surveying courses acceptable to the board of professional surveyors.
(iii) Not less than 5 references, 3 of which shall be from licensed professional surveyors who have personal knowledge of the applicant's professional experience.
(4) The examination required by this article shall be given at least once a year.
(5) An examinee shall be notified in writing of the examinee's results on each part of the examination.
(6) Notwithstanding section 316(3), an individual with a mental or physical disability may be tested using special equipment, facilities, or assistance. However, the examination shall not be varied in form, content, or the format in which answers are submitted.
(7) All requirements for licensure shall be completed within 10 years after receipt of the application by the department. If the requirements are not completed within the 10-year period, the application shall be void.
History: 1980, Act 299, Imd. Eff. Oct. 21, 1980
Am. 1988, Act 463, Eff. Sept. 1, 1989
Am. 1992, Act 103, Eff. Sept. 1, 1992
Am. 1998, Act 90, Imd. Eff. May 13, 1998
Am. 2009, Act 143, Imd. Eff. Nov. 10, 2009
Popular Name: Act 299
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan