NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 451 of 1994
324.9504 Pump-out facilities.
(1) Except as otherwise provided in this section, all docking facilities shall provide pump-out facilities approved by the department of public health for marine sanitation device holding tanks on the watercraft. All pump-out facility plans and installations shall be approved by the department of public health or its authorized representative.
(2) An existing docking facility that would otherwise be required by this section to have pump-out facilities is not required to have those facilities if it has a contract to use, and does use, the pump-out facilities of a docking facility in the vicinity. A contract between docking facilities under this subsection shall be approved by the department. This subsection does not apply to any docking facility that is constructed after May 1, 1990, or whose capacity is expanded by a cumulative amount exceeding 25%, or more than 15 slips, whichever is less, of the capacity existing on May 1, 1990.
(3) A docking facility that is constructed after May 1, 1990 or whose capacity is expanded by a cumulative amount exceeding 25%, or more than 15 slips, whichever is less, of the capacity existing on May 1, 1990 shall provide pump-out facilities as required by this part.
(4) A docking facility that has a capacity of 15 watercraft or less is exempt from the requirement of subsection (1).
(5) A docking facility holding only small watercraft of a type not equipped with a marine sanitation device is exempt from the requirements of subsection (1).
History: 1994, Act 451, Eff. Mar. 30, 1995
Popular Name: Act 451
Popular Name: NREPA
© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan