PUBLIC HEALTH CODE (EXCERPT)
Act 368 of 1978
333.16275 Human cloning; prohibition; exception; violation; penalty; private right of action; “human cloning” defined.
(1) A licensee or registrant or other individual shall not engage in or attempt to engage in human cloning.
(2) Subsection (1) does not prohibit scientific research or cell-based therapies not specifically prohibited by that subsection.
(3) A licensee or registrant or other individual who violates subsection (1) is subject to a civil penalty of $10,000,000.00. A fine collected under this subsection shall be distributed in the same manner as penal fines are distributed in this state.
(4) This section does not give a person a private right of action.
(5) As used in this section, “human cloning” means that term as defined in section 16274.
History: Add. 1998, Act 109, Eff. Mar. 23, 1999
Popular Name: Act 368
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan