ADULT FOSTER CARE FACILITY LICENSING ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 218 of 1979
400.704 Definitions; C to F.
(1) "Council" means the adult foster care licensing advisory council created in section 8.
(2) "Department" means the department of human services.
(3) "Developmental disability" means that term as defined in section 100a of the mental health code, 1974 PA 258, MCL 330.1100a.
(4) "Direct access" means access to a resident or to a resident's property, financial information, medical records, treatment information, or any other identifying information.
(5) "Director" means the director of the department.
(6) "Do-not-resuscitate order" means a document executed under the Michigan do-not-resuscitate procedure act, 1996 PA 193, MCL 333.1051 to 333.1067, directing that, in the event a resident suffers cessation of both spontaneous respiration and circulation, no resuscitation will be initiated.
(7) "Foster care" means the provision of supervision, personal care, and protection in addition to room and board, for 24 hours a day, 5 or more days a week, and for 2 or more consecutive weeks for compensation.
History: 1979, Act 218, Eff. Mar. 27, 1980
Am. 1996, Act 194, Eff. Aug. 1, 1996
Am. 2010, Act 380, Imd. Eff. Dec. 22, 2010
Am. 2013, Act 156, Eff. Feb. 4, 2014
Compiler's Notes: For transfer of powers and duties of state fire marshal to department of labor and economic growth, bureau of construction codes and fire safety, by type II transfer, see E.R.O. No. 2003-1, compiled at MCL 445.2011.For transfer of powers and duties of the bureau of family services from the department of consumer and industry services to the family independence agency by Type II transfer, see E.R.O. No. 2003-1, compiled at MCL 445.2011.For transfer of powers and duties of adult foster care licensing advisory council to the family independence agency by Type II transfer, see E.R.O. No. 2003-1, compiled at MCL 445.2011.
© 2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan