PUBLIC HEALTH CODE (EXCERPT)
Act 368 of 1978
333.13732 Manifest as condition to processor accepting delivery of waste; certification; contents; transportation of waste; forwarding copy of certified manifest to generator; retaining copy of manifest; preparation of manifest; compliance; records; packaging waste; labeling containers.
(1) A processor shall not accept the delivery of waste unless the waste is accompanied by a manifest.
(2) A processor shall certify on the manifest the receipt of waste, the amount, and the type of waste received for processing, and shall include on the manifest the processor's identification number. A processor shall provide for the transportation of waste only by a person holding a carrier's permit authorized under this part.
(3) A processor shall forward a copy of the certified manifest to the generator within 10 days of receiving the waste. The processor shall retain a copy of each manifest for a period of 3 years. The retention period required by this subsection shall be automatically extended during the course of an unresolved enforcement action regarding the regulated activity or as required by the director.
(4) A processor shall prepare a manifest for each shipment of waste it transfers to a person holding a carrier's permit issued under this part. A processor shall comply with the requirements of section 13726(c) to (k).
(5) A processor shall maintain any records necessary to trace a generator's shipment from the point of receipt by the processor to the point of transfer to a carrier.
(6) A processor shall package waste in accordance with applicable federal requirements, this part, and any requirements under the low-level radioactive waste authority act.
(7) If a processor places waste in a different container than the container in which the generator places that waste, the processor shall label each new container of waste with the generator's identification number, an identification number that corresponds to the number listed on the manifest by the generator for that waste, the processor's identification number, and the identification number listed on the manifest by the processor for that repackaged waste.
History: Add. 1987, Act 203, Imd. Eff. Dec. 22, 1987
Popular Name: Act 368
© 2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan