MEDICAL MARIHUANA FACILITIES LICENSING ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 281 of 2016
333.27503 Secure transporter license.
(1) A secure transporter license authorizes the licensee to store and transport marihuana and money associated with the purchase or sale of marihuana between marihuana facilities for a fee upon request of a person with legal custody of that marihuana or money. It does not authorize transport to a registered qualifying patient or registered primary caregiver. If a secure transporter has its primary place of business in a municipality that has adopted an ordinance under section 205 authorizing that marihuana facility, the secure transporter may travel through any municipality.
(2) To be eligible for a secure transporter license, the applicant and each investor with an interest in the secure transporter must not have an interest in a grower, processor, provisioning center, or safety compliance facility and must not be a registered qualifying patient or a registered primary caregiver.
(3) A secure transporter shall enter all transactions, current inventory, and other information into the statewide monitoring system as required in this act, rules, and the marihuana tracking act.
(4) A secure transporter shall comply with all of the following:
(a) Each driver transporting marihuana must have a chauffeur's license issued by this state.
(b) Each employee who has custody of marihuana or money that is related to a marihuana transaction shall not have been convicted of or released from incarceration for a felony under the laws of this state, any other state, or the United States within the past 5 years or have been convicted of a misdemeanor involving a controlled substance within the past 5 years.
(c) Each vehicle must be operated with a 2-person crew with at least 1 individual remaining with the vehicle at all times during the transportation of marihuana.
(d) A route plan and manifest must be entered into the statewide monitoring system, and a copy must be carried in the transporting vehicle and presented to a law enforcement officer upon request.
(e) The marihuana must be transported in 1 or more sealed containers and not be accessible while in transit.
(f) A secure transporting vehicle must not bear markings or other indication that it is carrying marihuana or a marihuana-infused product.
(5) A secure transporter is subject to administrative inspection by a law enforcement officer at any point during the transportation of marihuana to determine compliance with this act.
History: 2016, Act 281, Eff. Dec. 20, 2016
Am. 2018, Act 10, Imd. Eff. Jan. 26, 2018
Compiler's Notes: Enacting section 2 of Act 281 of 2016 provides:"Enacting section 2. The legislature finds that the necessity for access to safe sources of marihuana for medical use and the immediate need for growers, processors, secure transporters, provisioning centers, and safety compliance facilities to operate under clear requirements establish the need to promulgate emergency rules to preserve the public health, safety, or welfare."
© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan