MICHIGAN EXPORT DEVELOPMENT ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 157 of 1986
447.155 Effect of vacancy in membership of board; authorization and effective date of action by board; delegation of powers and duties; liability or accountability on contract, commitment, or agreement; liability for damage or injury; indemnification of board members and staff officers; appointment of employees to unclassified positions; terms.
(1) A vacancy in the membership of the board shall not impair the right of a quorum to exercise all rights and perform all the duties of the board. An action taken by the board may be authorized by resolution at a regular or special meeting and shall take effect upon the date the resolution is approved by the board unless some other date is provided in the resolution.
(2) The board may delegate to 1 or more of its members or to an official, agent, or employee of the authority the powers and duties as the board considers proper.
(3) A member of the board or a person acting on behalf of the authority executing a contract, commitment, or agreement issued under this act shall not be personally liable or accountable on the contract, commitment, or agreement.
(4) A member of the board or a person acting on behalf of the authority shall not be liable personally for damage or injury resulting from the performance of his or her duties arising under this act. The authority shall indemnify and procure insurance indemnifying the members of the board and staff officers appointed by a resolution of the board from personal loss or accountability from liability asserted by a person on the bonds or notes of the fund or from any personal liability or accountability by reason of the issuance of the bonds, notes, insurance, or guarantees; or by reason of any other action taken or the failure to act by the authority.
(5) The board may appoint up to 2 employees to unclassified positions not included in the state civil service to serve for terms at the pleasure of the board.
History: 1986, Act 157, Imd. Eff. July 7, 1986
Am. 1990, Act 304, Imd. Eff. Dec. 14, 1990
© 2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan