NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 451 of 1994
***** 324.30306 THIS SECTION IS REPEALED BY ACT 98 OF 2013 EFFECTIVE 160 DAYS AFTER THE EFFECTIVE DATE, AS PUBLISHED IN THE FEDERAL REGISTER, OF AN ORDER BY THE ADMINISTRATOR OF THE UNITED STATES ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY UNDER 40 CFR 233.53(c)(8)(vi) WITHDRAWING APPROVAL OF THE STATE PROGRAM UNDER 33 USC 1344(g) AND (h). (See enacting section 2 of Act 98 of 2013.) *****
324.30306 Permit for use or development listed in MCL 324.30304; filing, form, and contents of application; proposed use or development as single permit application; fee; work done in violation of permit requirement; fee refund; conditional permit.
(1) Except as provided in section 30307(6), to obtain a permit for a use or development listed in section 30304, a person shall file an application with the department on a form provided by the department. The application shall include all of the following:
(a) The person's name and address.
(b) The location of the wetland.
(c) A description of the wetland.
(d) A statement and appropriate drawings describing the proposed use or development.
(e) The wetland owner's name and address.
(f) An environmental assessment of the proposed use or development if requested by the department. The assessment shall include the effects upon wetland benefits and the effects upon the water quality, flow, and levels, and the wildlife, fish, and vegetation within a contiguous lake, river, or stream.
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1), a proposed use or development of a wetland shall be covered by a single permit application under this part if the scope, extent, and purpose of a use or development are made known at the time of the application for the permit.
(3) Except as provided in subsections (4) and (5), an application for a permit submitted under subsection (1) shall be accompanied by the following application fee, as applicable:
(a) For a project in a category of activities for which a general permit is issued under section 30312, a fee of $50.00.
(b) For activities included in a minor project category established under section 30312(1), a fee of $100.00.
(c) For a major project, including any of the following, a fee of $2,000.00:
(i) Filling or draining of 1 acre or more of coastal or inland wetland.
(ii) 10,000 cubic yards or more of wetland fill.
(iii) A new golf course affecting wetland.
(iv) A subdivision affecting wetland.
(v) A condominium affecting wetland.
(d) For all other projects, a fee of $500.00.
(4) A project that requires review and approval under this part and 1 or more of the following is subject to only the single highest fee required under this part or the following:
(a) Section 3104.
(b) Part 301.
(c) Part 323.
(d) Part 325.
(e) Section 117 of the land division act, 1967 PA 288, MCL 560.117.
(5) If work has been done in violation of a permit requirement under this part and restoration is not ordered by the department, the department may accept an application for a permit if the application is accompanied by a fee equal to twice the application fee otherwise required under this section.
(6) If the department determines that a permit is not required under this part or denies an application for a permit under this part, the department shall promptly refund the application fee paid under this section.
(7) The department may issue a conditional permit before the expiration of the 20-day period referred to in section 30307 if emergency conditions warrant a project to protect property or the public health, safety, or welfare.
History: Add. 1995, Act 59, Imd. Eff. May 24, 1995
Am. 1998, Act 228, Imd. Eff. July 3, 1998
Am. 2003, Act 14, Imd. Eff. June 5, 2003
Am. 2009, Act 120, Eff. Nov. 6, 2009
Am. 2012, Act 247, Imd. Eff. July 2, 2012
Am. 2013, Act 98, Imd. Eff. July 2, 2013
Compiler's Notes: Enacting section 1 of Act 120 of 2009 provides:"Enacting section 1. This amendatory act does not take effect unless both of the following requirements are met:"(a) $4,000,000.00 from the cleanup and redevelopment trust fund created in section 3e of 1976 IL 1, MCL 445.573e, and $4,000,000.00 from the community pollution prevention fund created in section 3f of 1976 IL 1, MCL 445.573f, is appropriated by the legislature to the environmental protection fund created in section 503a of the natural resources and environmental protection act, 1994 PA 451, MCL 324.503a."(b) $2,000,000.00 is appropriated by the legislature from the environmental protection fund to support the program under part 303 of the natural resources and environmental protection act, 1994 PA 451, MCL 324.30301 to 324.30329."
Popular Name: Act 451
Popular Name: NREPA
Popular Name: Wetland Protection Act
© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan