ADULT FOSTER CARE FACILITY LICENSING ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 218 of 1979
400.705 Definitions; G to N.
(1) "Good moral character" means good moral character as defined in 1974 PA 381, MCL 338.41 to 338.47.
(2) "Licensed hospice program" means a health care program that provides a coordinated set of services rendered at home or in an outpatient or institutional setting for individuals suffering from a disease or condition with a terminal prognosis and that is licensed under article 17 of the public health code, 1978 PA 368, MCL 333.20101 to 333.22260.
(3) "Licensee" means the agency, association, corporation, organization, person, or department or agency of the state, county, city, or other political subdivision, that has been issued a license to operate an adult foster care facility.
(4) "Licensee designee" means the individual designated in writing by the owner or person with legal authority to act on behalf of the company or organization on licensing matters. The licensee designee who is not an owner, partner, or director of the applicant shall not sign the original license application or amendments to the application.
(5) "Mental illness" means a substantial disorder of thought or mood that significantly impairs judgment, behavior, capacity to recognize reality, or ability to cope with the ordinary demands of life.
(6) "New construction" means a newly constructed facility or a facility that has been completely renovated for use as an adult foster care facility.
History: 1979, Act 218, Eff. Mar. 27, 1980
Am. 1984, Act 40, Imd. Eff. Mar. 26, 1984
Am. 1996, Act 194, Eff. Aug. 1, 1996
Am. 2010, Act 380, Imd. Eff. Dec. 22, 2010
Compiler's Notes: For transfer of powers and duties of state fire marshal to department of labor and economic growth, bureau of construction codes and fire safety, by type II transfer, see E.R.O. No. 2003-1, compiled at MCL 445.2011.For transfer of powers and duties of the bureau of family services from the department of consumer and industry services to the family independence agency by Type II transfer, see E.R.O. No. 2003-1, compiled at MCL 445.2011.For transfer of powers and duties of adult foster care licensing advisory council to the family independence agency by Type II transfer, see E.R.O. No. 2003-1, compiled at MCL 445.2011.For transfer of powers and duties pertaining to adult foster care, adult foster care facility, adult foster care camp, adult camp, adult foster care family home, and adult foster care group home licensing and regulation from department of human services to department of licensing and regulatory affairs, see E.R.O. No. 2015-1, compiled at MCL 400.227.For transfer of powers and duties pertaining to children's camp, child care center, day care center, family day care home, and group day care home licensing and regulation from department of human services to department of licensing and regulatory affairs, see E.R.O. No. 2015-1, compiled at MCL 400.227.
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan