PUBLIC HEALTH CODE (EXCERPT)
Act 368 of 1978
333.20917a Statewide trauma care advisory subcommittee; establishment; membership; appointment; terms; chairperson; meetings; quorum; recommendations regarding funding sources; "rural county" defined.
(1) The statewide trauma care advisory subcommittee is established under the emergency medical services coordination committee to advise and assist the department on all matters concerning the development, implementation, and promulgation of rules for the implementation and continuing operation of a statewide trauma care system. The subcommittee shall consist of 10 members appointed by the director, within 90 days after the effective date of the amendatory act that added this section, as follows:
(a) Two trauma surgeons who are trauma center directors.
(b) One trauma nurse coordinator.
(c) One trauma registrar.
(d) One emergency physician.
(e) Two administrative hospital representatives, 1 of whom represents a hospital designated as a level I or level II trauma center by the American college of surgeons committee on trauma and 1 of whom represents a hospital that is not designated as a level I or level II trauma center by the American college of surgeons committee on trauma.
(f) One life support agency manager who is a member of the emergency medical services coordination committee.
(g) Two medical control authority medical directors, 1 of whom represents a rural county and 1 of whom represents a nonrural county.
(2) The members shall serve for a term of 3 years. A member who is unable to complete a term shall be replaced for the balance of the unexpired term.
(3) The committee shall annually select a member to serve as chairperson.
(4) Meetings of the committee are subject to the open meetings act, 1976 PA 267, MCL 15.261 to 15.275. Six members constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
(5) Recommendations regarding potential funding mechanisms and sources for the statewide trauma care system shall only be submitted to the department for consideration after a unanimous vote of all members of the statewide trauma care advisory subcommittee in support of those recommendations.
(6) "Rural county" means a county not located in a metropolitan statistical area or micropolitan statistical areas as those terms are defined under the "standards for defining metropolitan and micropolitan statistical areas" by the statistical policy office of the office of information and regulatory affairs of the United States office of management and budget, 65 FR p. 82238 (December 27, 2000).
History: Add. 2004, Act 580, Imd. Eff. Jan. 3, 2005
Popular Name: Act 368
© 2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan