TRAXLER-MCCAULEY-LAW-BOWMAN BINGO ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 382 of 1972
432.107d Numeral game tickets; prizes.
(1) All numeral game tickets used in the conduct of a numeral game shall be purchased by the qualified organization from a supplier. The logo or name of the manufacturer and the serial number must be visible before breaking the band on the ticket.
(2) The value of merchandise prizes offered at a numeral game shall be a minimum of 50% of the ideal gross receipts from the game. For the purposes of this subsection, "ideal gross receipts" means the total amount of receipts that would be received if every individual ticket in a series is sold at face value.
(3) Winning numbers for a numeral game shall be determined by use of a series of common ending numbers contained within the pool of numbers making up the numeral game. The winning numbers may not be determined randomly.
(4) The prize list, associated winning numbers, the total number of tickets offered, and rules of play shall be posted before the numeral game is offered for sale or any tickets are opened.
(5) A numeral game ticket shall not be sold to a person under 18 years of age. This subsection shall not prohibit the purchase of a numeral game ticket by a person 18 years of age or older for the purpose of making a gift to a person under 18 years of age, and shall not prohibit a person under 18 years of age from receiving a prize or prizes won in a numeral game conducted under this act.
(6) The licensee shall have available for inspection by an authorized representative of the bureau a copy of the invoice from the supplier showing the manufacturer's name and serial number for each numeral game being conducted at the site where the numeral game is being conducted.
History: Add. 1999, Act 108, Eff. Mar. 10, 2000
Compiler's Notes: For transfer of powers and duties of lottery commissioner and bureau of state lottery related to licensing and regulation of millionaire parties under bingo act to executive director of Michigan gaming control board, see E.R.O. No. 2012-3, compiled at MCL 432.91.
Popular Name: Bingo Act
© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan