LAWFUL SPORTS BETTING ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 149 of 2019
432.411 Sports betting operator; duties; age verification requirements; unauthorized use and fraud prevention.
(1) A sports betting operator shall provide, or shall require the sports betting supplier providing an internet sports betting platform to provide, 1 or more mechanisms on the internet sports betting platform that are designed to reasonably verify that an authorized participant is 21 years of age or older and that internet sports betting is limited to transactions that are initiated and received or otherwise made by an authorized participant located in this state or, if the board authorizes multijurisdictional internet sports betting as provided in this act, another jurisdiction in the United States authorized by the multijurisdictional agreement.
(2) An individual who wishes to place an internet sports betting wager under this act must satisfy the verification requirements under subsection (1) before the individual may establish an internet sports betting account or make an internet sports betting wager on an internet sports bet offered by a sports betting operator.
(3) A sports betting operator shall include, or shall require the sports betting supplier providing an internet sports betting platform to include, mechanisms on its internet sports betting platform that are designed to detect and prevent the unauthorized use of internet sports betting accounts and to detect and prevent fraud, money laundering, and collusion.
(4) A sports betting operator, or a sports betting supplier providing its internet sports betting platform, shall not knowingly authorize any of the following individuals to establish an internet sports betting account or knowingly allow them to place an internet sports betting wager, except if required and authorized by the board for testing purposes or to otherwise fulfill the purposes of this act:
(a) An individual who is less than 21 years old.
(b) An individual whose name appears in the board's responsible gaming database.
(5) A sports betting operator shall display, or shall require its internet sports betting platform provider to display, in a clear, conspicuous, and accessible manner, evidence of the sports betting operator's license issued under this act.
History: 2019, Act 149, Imd. Eff. Dec. 20, 2019
© 2020 Legislative Council, State of Michigan