TRAXLER-MCCAULEY-LAW-BOWMAN BINGO ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 382 of 1972
432.110 Management of event; compensation; equipment; advertising.
(1) Only a member of the qualified organization shall participate in the management of an event.
(2) A person shall not receive any commission, salary, pay, profit, or wage for participating in the management or operation of bingo, a millionaire party, a raffle, or a charity game except as provided by rule promulgated under this act.
(3) Except by special permission of the commissioner, a licensee shall conduct bingo or a millionaire party only with equipment that it owns, uses under a bureau-approved rental contract, or is purchasing or renting at a reasonable rate from a supplier.
(4) A licensee shall not advertise bingo except to the extent and in the manner permitted by rule promulgated under this act. If the commissioner permits a licensee to advertise bingo, the licensee shall indicate in the advertisement the purposes for which the net proceeds will be used by the licensee.
(5) The holder of a millionaire party license shall not advertise the event, except to the extent and in the manner permitted by rule promulgated under this act. If the commissioner permits a licensee to advertise the event, the licensee shall indicate in the advertising the purposes for which the net proceeds will be used by the licensee.
History: 1972, Act 382, Eff. Apr. 1, 1973
Am. 1973, Act 34, Imd. Eff. June 21, 1973
Am. 1976, Act 193, Imd. Eff. July 15, 1976
Am. 1977, Act 11, Imd. Eff. Apr. 25, 1977
Am. 1980, Act 14, Imd. Eff. Feb. 14, 1980
Am. 1981, Act 229, Imd. Eff. Jan. 12, 1982
Am. 1999, Act 108, Eff. Mar. 10, 2000
Am. 2006, Act 427, Imd. Eff. Oct. 5, 2006
Compiler's Notes: For transfer of the Bureau of State Lottery from the Department of Management and Budget to be an autonomous entity within the Department of Treasury, see E.R.O. No. 1991-2, compiled at MCL 12.161 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.
Popular Name: Bingo Act
© 2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan