LAWFUL INTERNET GAMING ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 152 of 2019
432.311 Internet gaming operator; duties; age verification requirements; unauthorized use and fraud prevention.
(1) An internet gaming operator shall provide, or shall require its internet gaming platform provider to provide, 1 or more mechanisms on the internet gaming platform that the internet gaming operator uses that are designed to reasonably verify that an authorized participant is 21 years of age or older and that internet wagering is limited to transactions that are initiated and received or otherwise made by an authorized participant located in this state.
(2) An individual who wishes to place an internet wager under this act must satisfy the verification requirements under subsection (1) before the individual may establish an internet wagering account or make an internet wager on an internet game offered by the internet gaming operator.
(3) An internet gaming operator shall include, or shall require its internet gaming platform provider to include, mechanisms on its internet gaming platform that are designed to detect and prevent the unauthorized use of internet wagering accounts and to detect and prevent fraud, money laundering, and collusion.
(4) An internet gaming operator, or its internet gaming platform provider, shall not knowingly authorize any of the following individuals to establish an internet wagering account or knowingly allow them to wager on internet games offered by the internet gaming operator, except if required and authorized by the board for testing purposes or to otherwise fulfill the purposes of this act:
(a) An individual who is less than 21 years old.
(b) An individual whose name appears in the board's responsible gaming database.
(5) An internet gaming operator shall display, or shall require its internet gaming platform provider to display, in a clear, conspicuous, and accessible manner, evidence of the internet gaming operator's internet gaming license issued under this act.
History: 2019, Act 152, Imd. Eff. Dec. 20, 2019
© 2020 Legislative Council, State of Michigan