NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 451 of 1994
324.31509 Activities requiring permit; application for permit; fees; waiver and disposition of fees.
(1) Except as otherwise provided in this part or as authorized by a permit issued by the department pursuant to part 13, a person shall not undertake any of the following activities:
(a) Construction of a new dam.
(b) Enlargement of a dam or an impoundment.
(c) Repair of a dam.
(d) Alteration of a dam.
(e) Removal of a dam.
(f) Abandonment of a dam.
(g) Reconstruction of a failed dam.
(2) An application for a permit shall include information that the department determines is necessary for the administration of this part. If a project includes activities at multiple locations, 1 application may be filed for the combined activities.
(3) An application for a permit for construction of a new dam, reconstruction of a failed dam, or enlargement of a dam shall be accompanied by the following fees:
(a) For a dam with a height of 6 feet or more but less than 10 feet, $500.00.
(b) For a dam with a height of 10 feet or more but less than 20 feet, $1,000.00.
(c) For a dam with a height of 20 feet or more, $3,000.00.
(4) An application for a permit for the repair, alteration, removal, or abandonment of a dam shall be accompanied by a fee of $200.00, and an application for a permit for a minor project pursuant to section 31513(1) shall be accompanied by a fee of $100.00.
(5) The department shall waive the fees under this section for applications from state agencies, department sponsored projects located on public lands, and organizations of the type described in section 31508(2)(a) through (c).
(6) The department shall forward fees collected under this section to the state treasurer for deposit in the land and water management permit fee fund created in section 30113.
History: Add. 1995, Act 59, Imd. Eff. May 24, 1995
Am. 2004, Act 325, Imd. Eff. Sept. 10, 2004
Popular Name: Act 451
Popular Name: NREPA
© 2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan