THE MICHIGAN BIOLOGIC PRODUCTS INSTITUTE TRANSFER ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 522 of 1996
333.26333b Michigan biologic products commission; transfer to Michigan department of community health as type I transfer; membership; designation of chairperson; powers and duties of commission; reimbursement; bylaws; quorum; voting; meetings.
(1) Effective February 17, 1998, the Michigan biologic products commission, established by Executive Order 1995-25, is transferred to the Michigan department of community health as a type I transfer. As used in this subsection, “type I transfer” means that term as defined in section 3 of the executive organization act of 1965, 1965 PA 380, MCL 16.103.
(2) The commission consists of 3 voting members appointed by the governor who are not employees of the institute and who shall serve at the pleasure of the governor. The governor shall designate 1 of the appointed members to serve as chair of the commission. The chair of the commission also serves in that capacity at the pleasure of the governor.
(3) The commission has the powers, duties, and responsibilities prescribed in Executive Order 1995-25, and shall operate pursuant to and in accordance with Executive Order 1995-25.
(4) The members of the commission shall serve without compensation, but shall be reimbursed for necessary travel and other expenses pursuant to the standard travel regulations of the department of management and budget.
(5) The commission may promulgate bylaws governing the organization and procedures of the commission. A majority of the members serving constitute a quorum for the transaction of business, notwithstanding the existence of 1 or more vacancies on the commission. The commission shall approve a final action of the commission by a majority vote of the members. A member of the commission must be present at a meeting of the commission in order to vote, either in person or by amplified telephone equipment.
(6) The commission shall meet at the call of the chair and as otherwise provided in the commission's bylaws. The commission may meet at any location within the state. A meeting of the commission is subject to the open meetings act, 1976 PA 267, MCL 15.261 to 15.275. The commission may make inquiries, conduct studies and investigations, hold hearings, and receive comments from the public.
History: Add. 1998, Act 8, Imd. Eff. Feb. 17, 1998
© 2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan