MICHIGAN CAMPAIGN FINANCE ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 388 of 1976
169.263 Record of candidate's certified statements of qualifying contributions; contents of statement; notice of qualification to receive moneys; application for moneys; determination of amount; forwarding information and application to state treasurer; issuance of warrant.
(1) The secretary of state shall receive and keep a record of each candidate's certified statements of qualifying contributions. A statement shall include in alphabetical order the full name and street address of each person from whom a qualifying contribution is received during the reporting period, together with the amount of each contribution and the date received by the treasurer of the committee.
(2) The secretary of state shall promptly notify a candidate for nomination for governor when that candidate qualifies under this act to receive moneys from the state campaign fund.
(3) If a candidate desires to receive moneys from the state campaign fund and received notice of qualification for funding under subsection (2), the candidate shall apply to the secretary of state. The candidate shall state the amount of moneys desired from the state campaign fund in the application. The candidate shall state in the application for state campaign fund money that the candidate and the candidate's committee agree to adhere to expenditure limitations stated in section 67.
(4) The secretary of state shall determine the maximum amount for which the candidate qualifies under this act. The secretary of state shall forward information as to this amount and the application for funding to the state treasurer.
(5) The state treasurer shall issue a warrant drawn on the state campaign fund for an amount equal to the maximum amount which the candidate is qualified to receive or the amount applied for, whichever is less. The warrant shall not be issued before January 1 of the year in which the election for governor is to be held.
History: 1976, Act 388, Imd. Eff. Dec. 30, 1976
Am. 1977, Act 309, Imd. Eff. Jan. 4, 1978
© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan