MICHIGAN BIDCO ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 89 of 1986
487.1104 Definitions; A to C.
(1) "Affiliate" means, if used with respect to a specified person other than a natural person, a person controlling or controlled by that specified person, or a person controlled by a person that also controls the specified person.
(2) "BIDCO" means a business and industrial development company licensed under this act. The term includes a business development enterprise.
(3) "Business development enterprise" means a business and industrial development company that meets all of the following:
(a) Has as part of its business plan the objective of providing public benefit.
(b) Is licensed under this act.
(c) Is designated as a qualified business development enterprise by the Michigan strategic fund under section 304.
(4) "Business firm" means a person that transacts business on a regular and continual basis, or a person that proposes to transact business on a regular and continual basis.
(5) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of the office of financial and insurance regulation in the department of licensing and regulatory affairs.
(6) "Control" means, if used with respect to a specified person, the power to direct or cause the direction of, directly or indirectly through 1 or more intermediaries, the management and policies of that specified person, whether by contract, other than a commercial contract for goods or nonmanagement services, or otherwise. A natural person is not considered to control a person solely because he or she is a director, officer, manager, or employee of that person. A person that, directly or indirectly, has the power to vote or direct the voting of 20% or more of the total ownership vote is rebuttably presumed to control that entity.
(7) "Controlling person" means, if used with respect to a specified person, a person that controls that specified person, directly or indirectly through 1 or more intermediaries.
History: 1986, Act 89, Imd. Eff. May 1, 1986
Am. 1997, Act 150, Imd. Eff. Dec. 2, 1997
Am. 2012, Act 358, Imd. Eff. Dec. 13, 2012
© 2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan