HORSE RIDING STABLES AND SALES BARNS (EXCERPT)
Act 93 of 1974
287.113 Application for license; qualifications of applicant; investigation and information; fee; display of license; separate license for each business location; license nontransferable; expiration and renewal of license; renewal fee; deposit.
(1) The department shall require an applicant for license to furnish information it considers necessary to determine that the applicant is of good reputation and character, adequately financed to carry out the business that it intends to pursue, and sufficiently knowledgeable in the business. The department may conduct further investigation and require further information that it considers necessary to establish the sufficiency of the application.
(2) Upon filing an application, the applicant shall pay a fee of $100.00 for each license until September 30, 2012 and $25.00 for each license after September 30, 2012.
(3) The license shall be displayed prominently in the licensee's place of business. An applicant shall obtain a separate license for each business location. Licenses are not transferable and expire on the following January 1.
(4) A licensee may renew his or her license upon paying a renewal fee of $50.00 until September 30, 2012 and $25.00 after September 30, 2012.
(5) The department shall deposit administrative and noncriminal fines received under this act and license fees and other administrative fees received under this section in the agriculture licensing and inspection fees fund created in section 9 of the insect pest and plant disease act, 1931 PA 189, MCL 286.209, to be used, pursuant to appropriation, by the director in administering and carrying out those duties required by law under this act.
History: 1974, Act 93, Imd. Eff. Apr. 25, 1974
Am. 2003, Act 86, Imd. Eff. July 23, 2003
Am. 2007, Act 80, Imd. Eff. Sept. 30, 2007
© 2015 Legislative Council, State of Michigan