Jump to the first occurrence of "investigator"
PROFESSIONAL INVESTIGATOR LICENSURE ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 285 of 1965
338.837 Licensees; employment of assistants; records; false statements; fingerprints.
(1) A licensee may employ as many persons as considered necessary to assist in his or her work of professional investigator
and in the conduct of the business. At all times during the employment, the licensee shall have direct involvement in the day-to-day activities and is accountable for the good conduct in the business of each person so employed.
(2) A licensee shall keep adequate and complete records of all persons he or she employs, which records shall be made available to the department upon request and to police authorities if the police authorities offer legitimate proof for the request in connection with a specific need.
(3) If a licensee falsely states or represents that a person is or has been in his or her employ, the false statement or representation shall be sufficient cause for the suspension or revocation of the license. Any person falsely stating or representing that he or she is or has been a professional investigator
or employed by a professional investigator
agency is guilty of a misdemeanor.
(4) A licensee shall not knowingly employ any person who does not meet the requirements of this act.
(5) The licensee shall cause fingerprints to be taken of all prospective employees, which fingerprints shall be submitted to the department and the federal bureau of investigation for processing and approval.
(6) The fingerprints required to be taken under subsection (5) may be taken by a law enforcement agency or any other person determined by the department to be qualified to take fingerprints. The licensee shall submit a fingerprint processing fee to the department in accordance with section 3 of 1935 PA 120, MCL 28.273, as well as any costs imposed by the federal bureau of investigation.
History: 1965, Act 285, Imd. Eff. July 22, 1965
Am. 1967, Act 164, Eff. Nov. 2, 1967
Am. 2002, Act 474, Eff. Oct. 1, 2002
Am. 2008, Act 146, Imd. Eff. May 28, 2008
© 2020 Legislative Council, State of Michigan