NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 451 of 1994
324.8702 Definitions; A to D.
(1) "Activity plan" means a plan for a specific location that identifies all environmental risks and includes a time frame for implementation of conservation practices to address the environmental risks.
(2) "Agronomic rate" means either of the following:
(a) For pesticides, the application of pesticide contaminated materials in such a manner as not to exceed legal labeled rates.
(b) For fertilizers, the application of fertilizer contaminated materials at rates not to exceed those recommended by the Michigan state university extension, taking all available sources of nutrients into account.
(3) "Analyte" or "analytes" means the material or materials that an analysis is designed to detect either qualitatively or quantitatively.
(4) "Conservation plan" means that term as it is defined in part 82.
(5) "Conservation practices" means that term as it is defined in part 82.
(6) "Confirmation mechanism" means a scientific process for the verification of detection of analytes in groundwater utilizing at least 2 separate water samples collected at time intervals of greater than 14 days from the same groundwater sampling point and analyzed by peer reviewed and authenticated laboratory methodologies.
(7) "Contaminant" means any pesticide or fertilizer originated chemical, radionuclide, ion, synthetic organic compound, microorganism, or other waste that does not occur naturally or that naturally occurs at a lower concentration than detected.
(8) "Contamination" means the direct or indirect introduction into the environment of any contaminant caused in whole or in part by human activity.
(9) "Demonstration project" means a project designed to illustrate the implementation and impact of alternate conservation practices.
(10) "Department" means the department of agriculture and rural development.
(11) "Director" means the director of the department or his or her designee.
History: 1994, Act 451, Eff. Mar. 30, 1995
Am. 2011, Act 2, Imd. Eff. Mar. 9, 2011
Popular Name: Act 451
Popular Name: NREPA
© 2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan