NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 451 of 1994
324.6519 Display of certain information; prohibited conduct.
(1) A testing station shall display at the established place of business an information sign that bears an identifying symbol developed by the department and is worded as follows: “OFFICIAL EMISSION TESTING STATION”.
(2) The sign shall be displayed on the outside premises of the testing station so that it is clearly and readily visible and readable to persons in motor vehicles as they enter the testing station property.
(3) A testing station shall also conspicuously display the price charged by the station for an inspection preceded by a dollar sign and printed in Arabic numerals.
(4) A testing station shall maintain posted business hours during which time representatives of the independent third party required to make certifications of the equipment used by the testing station and the emission inspectors used by the testing station may conduct inspections of the station, instruments and records required by this part and the rules promulgated under this part, and the motor vehicle emission inspection procedures employed by the testing station.
(5) A testing station shall not hinder, obstruct, or otherwise prevent an inspection required by this part.
History: Add. 1995, Act 60, Imd. Eff. May 24, 1995
Popular Name: Act 451
Popular Name: NREPA
© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan