CONDOMINIUM ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 59 of 1978
559.110 Definitions; R to T.
(1) “Record” means to record pursuant to the laws of this state relating to the recording of deeds except that the provisions of the land division act, 1967 PA 288, MCL 560.101 to 560.293, do not control divisions made for any condominium project.
(2) “Residential builder” is a person licensed as a residential builder under article 24 of the occupational code, 1980 PA 299, MCL 339.2401 to 339.2412.
(3) “Size” means the number of cubic feet, or the number of square feet of ground or floor space, within each condominium unit as computed by reference to the condominium subdivision plan and rounded off to a whole number. Certain spaces within the condominium units including, without limitation, attic, basement, and garage space may be omitted from the calculation or partially discounted by the use of a ratio, if the same basis of calculation is employed for all condominium units in the condominium project, that basis is used for each condominium unit in the condominium project, and that basis is disclosed in appropriate condominium documents furnished to each co-owner.
(4) “Time-share unit” means a condominium unit in which a time-share estate or a time-share license exists.
(5) “Time-share estate” means a right to occupy a condominium unit or any of several condominium units during 5 or more separated time periods over a period of at least 5 years, including renewal options, coupled with a freehold estate or an estate for years.
(6) “Time-share license” means a right to occupy a condominium unit or any of several condominium units during 5 or more separated time periods over a period of at least 5 years, including renewal options, not coupled with a freehold estate or an estate for years.
(7) “Transitional control date” means the date on which a board of directors for an association of co-owners takes office pursuant to an election in which the votes that may be cast by eligible co-owners unaffiliated with the developer exceed the votes which may be cast by the developer.
History: 1978, Act 59, Eff. July 1, 1978
Am. 1982, Act 538, Imd. Eff. Jan. 17, 1983
Am. 2000, Act 379, Imd. Eff. Jan. 2, 2001
© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan